Who we are
Our website address is: www.dsghub.org
The DSG Hub is an online learning and community platform aimed at facilitating thoughtful, safe, and inclusive digitization of savings groups. The overall goal of the project is to help actors in the savings group community make sound decisions about whether and how to digitize savings groups effectively. The DSG Hub was created for informational, non-commercial purposes by Global Communities with funding from the FAHU Foundation. Although FAHU owns the website, an administrator operates the DSG Hub website on its behalf. Global Communities is the current administrator of the site.
Find out more about who is behind the DSG Hub on our About Us page.
Who has access to your data
What data we collect
If you create an account on the DSG Hub, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- First, Last Name (required)
- Email Address (required)
- Gender (never publicly visible)
- Age (never publicly visible)
- Preferred Pronoun
- Affiliated Organization
- Organizational Type
- Organizational Title
- Areas of Expertise
- Social Media Accounts
- Short Biography.
You may choose to make your profile public or private, but your gender and age will never be publicly visible.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email. Otherwise, we will not store or share your IP address.
If you do not create an account, the DSG Hub will not collect any personal data.
We use Mailchimp as our email communication platform. If you submit your name, email address, and organization to subscribe to the DSG Hub newsletter (monthly email updates), your data will be stored by Mailchimp and subject to Mailchimp’s privacy practices. You can unsubscribe from our email updates at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails.
Other Collected Information
Media: You should avoid uploading images to the site with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. EXIF metadata (information about the image recorded directly from the camera such as exposure time and the date the photo was taken) is retained by WordPress.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
We will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days. If you select “Remember Me,” your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites: Content on this site may include embedded elements from other websites (e.g., videos, images, or articles). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Where and for how long we retain your data
If you submit your name, email address, and organization to subscribe to the DSG Hub newsletter (email updates), your data will be stored by Mailchimp and subject to Mailchimp’s privacy practices.
If you create a DSG Hub account, your data, i.e., any personal information you provide in your user profile, will be stored by WordPress.
If you leave a comment on the DSG Hub, the comment and its metadata will be retained indefinitely. This is to ensure that we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. Comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
For users that register on our website, we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time, but they cannot change their username. Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on the DSG Hub website, you have the following rights:
- Right to information: You have the right to know what data is being processed. This is explained in the section “What data we collect.” To access your data or request more information about your rights, please send us a message via the Contact form.
- Right of rectification: You can change or modify your data by editing it in “My Profile.”
- Right to erasure: You can delete your account in “Settings” under “My Profile,” which will erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. For any other erasure requests, please send us a message via the Contact form.
- Right of data portability: You can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can do so by submitting a request via the Contact form.
- Right to object: The DSG Hub will not engage in any profiling or direct marketing. Still, you can object to our data processing by sending us a message via the Contact form.
- Right to be notified of data breaches: In the case of a personal data breach that is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons, you will be notified by the email you provided when registering on the site within 48 hours.
- Right to avoid automated decision-making: No data from the DSG Hub will be used for automatic decision-making.
Last updated May 19, 2022